Chordae tendineae

The chordae tendineae, or heart strings, are cord-like tendons that connect the papillary muscle to the tricuspid valve and the mitral valve in the heart.  Chordae tendineae are approximately 80% collagen, while the remaining 20% is made up of  elastin and endothelial cells.

Other similar posts
This entry was posted in Cardiovascular, Heart and tagged .