- Identify and describe the light and electron microscopic structure of the various types of blood and lymphatic vessels.
- Describe the structure modifications in the three types of capillaries, and to relate this to differences in permeability.
- Identify the layers of the atrial and ventricular walls and understand how differences in the thickness of these layers contribute to heart function.
- Identify and describe the microscopic structure of a heart valve
- Identify the components of the cardiac skeleton and understand its structural and functional relationship with the musculature of the heart.