- Describe the histological organization of the testis and the process of spermatogenesis in the germinal epithelium of the seminiferous tubule.
- Contrast spermatogenesis from spermiogenesis.
- Draw a sperm cell and label its major parts.
- Explain the importance of each portion of the duct system and accessory glands of the male reproductive tract.
- Explain the structural and functional significance of the blood-testis barrier.
- Describe the structure and function of the prostate gland.
- Explain the regular progression of follicular development and atresia occurring in a cyclic fashion in the primary ovary.
- Describe the structural changes that occur in the uterus over the course of the menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
- Characterize the histological features of the oviduct, uterus, cervix, and vagina, with particular attention to the mucosal linings of these tissues.
- Describe the cellular organization of the placenta, including the juxtaposition of the maternal and fetal circulations.
Sex infographic (link)